Welcome to edition four of Friday Five – my weekly list of things that made me feel inspired, made me think and made me happy.
- The Australian Open 2017 Men’s Final. Roger Federer versus Rafael Nadal – this was a legendary pairing for a grand slam final and it was destined to be a great match with these two champions on the court. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the match and I was so relieved when Federer finally pulled through and won the title. Both players embody humility, skill and respect for the sport – they represent the meaning of tennis and sportsmanship.
- Viktor & Rolf: Fashion Artists at National Gallery Victoria. This exhibition was expertly curated and presented by the NGV and guest curator Thierry-Maxime Loriot in close collaboration with Viktor and Rolf. The work and story of Viktor and Rolf is incredible. Seeing the garments up close and in person after years of studying them online, I became mesmerized and freshly inspired by their artistic creations. I can only imagine how many hours each garment would haven taken – looking at the finishes and cutting edge techniques filled me with awe. The theme of the exhibition, and indeed the brand, is that Viktor and Rolf’s work is on the edge between fashion and art. The crossover between these creative disciplines is magical.
- Birdy, singer, featuring in the Red Valentino Spring/Summer 17 campaign.
- H&M Melbourne in the former GPO. I never knew how incredible the interior of this H&M store was! The central space is architectural bliss surrounded by fun clothes.
- Michelle Dockery at the SAG Awards 2017 wearing Elie Saab.
Thanks for reading!
- Roger Federer at Australian Open 2017: Australian Open facebook page
- Viktor & Rolf: Fashion Artists: NGV facebook page
- Birdy Red Valentino: Birdy’s facebook page
- H&M: Print On Print
- Michelle Dockery: com: Rob Latour/REX/Shutterstock