Here’s this week’s list of five things that made me feel inspired, made me think and made me happy.
- Georgia Hardinge: Pleats everywhere! I love pleats so this is basically my idea of paradise. The masks are absolutely incredible and are made of paper! They were featured in an exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London entitled “Conservation Couture: The Animal Ball Collection”. Celebrities such as Elizabeth Hurley have worn the works of art and there’s even been a collaboration with Victoria’s Secret for a runway show.
2. Maria’s Bags: founded by former Miss Guatemala, Alida Boer, this brand is all about supporting local women and their traditional weaving craft. The bags are woven in traditional Mayan style and are lovingly made by women in Guatemala who have learnt their skill through generations of ancient heritage. The brand supports the local women who work there and also funds a local school with profits gained. The colours are incredibly bright and it’s no surprise that the brand is rapidly gaining popularity in a world where people desire more than monochromatic colour palettes.
3. Caroline Wozniacki at the Australian Open 2017 wearing Adidas. Love that she coordinated with blue nail polish too.
4. Angelique Kerber at the Australian Open 2017 wearing Porsche Design Sport by Adidas.
5. The cool bits of green appearing in the Marcel Ostertag runway show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin (MBFWB). Green is my favourite colour and I was thrilled to see it in a variety of shades for this Autumn Winter 2017 collection.
Thanks for reading!
Images sourced from:
Georgia Hardinge: Sculptural Mask: https://goo.gl/4j2Kt9
B&W star dress: https://goo.gl/oy4hJ3
Pink pleated dress: https://goo.gl/y8mqu8
Maria’s Bags: Azure bow clutch: https://goo.gl/34Do0J
Tote bag: https://goo.gl/QkjTdF
Caroline Wozniacki: Australian Open 2017: https://goo.gl/Rbt54R
Angelique Kerber: Australian Open 2017: https://goo.gl/Z62hJb
Marcel Ostertag: Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin: https://goo.gl/NVchkk